Monday, January 21, 2013

Move is done...

Now it's time to unpack.  I moved Saturday...movers arrived at 9:00 and were finished by 11:00.  Didn't cost nearly as much as I was expecting - which saved me a couple of dollars. yay!  My mom and brother came up and surprised me by helping purchase blinds and a fridge.  I ended up with a Samsung fridge.  My mom LOVEDEDED (lol) the Samsung french door fridge that could run apps and stuff.  I loved it as well...however, that price was waaaay out of my comfort zone.  I love the model I got (see below) and I put all my little knick knacks on it today.  Feels like home :)  Can I tell ya'll how much I love having a garage.  OMG...I love the fact that my car is out of the elements which means it's not as cold as it could be and I don't have to spend time de-icing in the morning. YAY!



Set my cookbooks up in a corner.  So ready to prepare a home cooked/my first home meal. :)

The other part of the kitchen.  My sorority sister got a shadow box poodle picture for me as a housewarming/christmas/sorry you had an accident (her words not mine, lol) and I plan to put it over the sink.  It goes along with everything.


But then the unpacking...omg...the thing I hate most about moving is packing stuff up and then unpacking.  I got a lot of stuff unpacked last night.  Because on Saturday I refused to even open a box.  I still have a bunch of books and CDs/DVDs to unpack and put up...but that can wait. 

So far the only part of the townhouse that is done is the kitchen. I have a couple of purchases that will happen over time.  But I just don't want to go in debt buying furniture and other accessories right now. So one room/accessory at a time.  First up will be a dining room table/chairs.  Don't need anything big but I did find this online at the Home Depot and I love the style of the table and chairs:


Then I need a rug for the dining and living spaces.  Hardwood is great but rugs will add some warmth. And finally I want to replace my living room furniture.  I've had this since I moved in my first apt...over 10 yrs ago.  It's been through 8 moves and 3 cities.  It's held up well, I must admit.

I didn't realize that the color of my couch/chair/ottoman would go so well with the floors, cabinet, and granite.  It's crazy but I didn't even think about coordination when I made my selections. 

I have yet to seal the counter...going to do that shortly and let it sit overnight.  Then I need to clean the hardwoods and apply the Bruce hardwood stuff (cleaner I guess).  So much to do...so little time

And I am really trying to get used to the neighbors behind me who have no blinds on their windows...or curtains...downstairs.  I guess they are comfortable with having folks look into their home.  That would freak me out though...I would have had to improvise had my blinds not been purchased and installed Saturday.  Having nothing on the windows...no bueno.

My mom and brother loved everything.  Although I am not a baby anymore (though I am the baby of the two of us - me and my brother) it felt good to get their approval.  Though they wouldn't have been anything else but happy.

So...that's all for now.  ttyl :)

4 comments:

  1. The kitchen is looking nice and cozy! We tried to stick magnets on the front of our Samsung fridge and they didn't stick. =( The only place they'll stick is on the side.

    I hear you about the packing/unpacking sucking... we also moved everything by ourselves so needless to say we've been very sore and very tired! We are just about all unpacked though. Everything that isn't unpacked yet is still sitting in the garage though, so both cars just got a little covering of snow. Guess we should get a move on with unpacking the last few boxes and organizing the stuff that'll stay in the garage so we can get the cars inside. I'm afraid that might have to wait until next weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, M! I probably shouldn't have put the magnets up...worried it might scratch the front...but oh well. Moving really sucks, lol, aren't you glad you won't have to do it for a while...or ever again. My neighbors put their boxes in their garage as well...I probably should have done that too...until I got everything straight, but the thought of parking in that darn garage was just too tempting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cabinets. I wish I got the trim and cabinet hardware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! We need to see pictures of your place! I know it's fabulous! Thanks - you didn't get hardware?

      Delete